Late Breaking Abstract Submission is now closed
The Scientific Committee will determine whether abstracts
will be accepted as free communications or e-poster presentations with
consideration to be given to the author’s preference.
The presenting author is required to ensure that all
co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before
Only the abstracts of registered presenting authors will be
included in the final programme. Abstracts accepted for presentation will be
published on the website prior to the congress.
accepted abstracts will be published in a special supplement of the journal
Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine published by Lippincott Williams
To view the Abstracts and
Highlight Papers from ESRA 2013 Congress click
Link is accessible by RAPM members only.
RULES FOR SUBMISSION
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in clear
English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for
publication. If you need help, please arrange for the review of your abstract by
a colleague who is a native English speaker, by a university scientific
publications office (or other similar facility) or by a copy editor, prior to
- Only abstracts of authors who have paid their registration
fees by Wednesday July 9, 2014 will be scheduled for presentation and
included in the programme.
- The author is expected to attend the congress and present
the poster or free communication.
- If an abstract was previously submitted to a different
congress, but was not presented, it can be submitted to this congress as well.
If it was previously presented, it cannot be submitted
to ESRA 2014.
- Previously published papers may be presented at ESRA
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
Before you begin, please prepare the following
Presenting Author's Contact Details
- Full postal address
- Email address
- Daytime and evening phone number
Author and Co-Authors' Details
- Full first and family name(s)
- Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital,
city, state (if relevant), country
choose one of the following:
- E-Poster Presentation
- Oral Presentation
- Best Free Paper (residents only) - see below for
25 words in UPPER CASE
(Please Note: word count is affected when
graphs/tables/images are added)
must be submitted with the following sections:
- Background and aims
must be allocated to a specific topic for the scientific programme. Please
choose from the list of topics.
Graphs and Images
Graphs and images may be uploaded in JPG,
PNG and GIF format only. When including a table, it is recommended to save the
table as an image and then upload it to the abstract.
online submission system allows you to store your abstract as a draft in order
to make changes. Please note that abstracts must be SUBMITTED before the
deadline in order to be sent to review for inclusion in the scientific
Please be advised that you will be requested to confirm the following
information when you submit your abstract.
- I confirm that I previewed this abstract and that all information is
correct. I accept that the content of this abstract cannot be modified or
corrected after final submission and I am aware that it will be published
exactly as submitted.
- Submission of the abstract constitutes my consent to publication (e.g.
congress website, programmes, other promotions, etc.)
- The abstract submitter warrants and represents that he/she is the sole owner
or has the rights of all the information and content ("Content") provided
to ESRA 2014 and Kenes International (Hereafter: “The
Organizers"). The publication of the abstract does not infringe any third party
rights including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights.
Abstract Submitter grants the Organizers a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable
nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and
display the content.
- The Organizers reserve the right to remove from any publication an abstract
which does not comply with the above.
- I herewith confirm that the contact details saved in this system are those
of the corresponding author, who will be notified about the status of the
abstract. The corresponding author is responsible for informing the other
authors about the status of the abstract.
IMPORTANT NOTE - ETHICS COMMITTEE APPROVAL
Only work that has received local animal or human
ethics committee approval as appropriate will be considered for presentation and
publication. A statement indicating ethics committee approval has been granted
should be incorporated into the abstract and you will be requested to confirm
that approval has been applied for/granted before you submit your abstract. When
submitting your abstract, please upload your Ethics Committee Approval as a
picture or as text pasted into the Abstract text field.
Abstracts which have not received approval will not be
accepted - unless they fit into the special categories
Ethical committee approval
is required for the following scenarios:
1. If there are patients involved in the study
Retrospective Data Collection – unless local committee authorizes
3. Audit Study – unless local committee
Ethical committee approval is NOT required for the following
1. Questionnaire survey of medical personnel
2. Case studies – with patient consent
4. Historical research
performed on artificial model
6. Evaluation performed
during pre-operative session – with receipt of informed consent
guidelines for Best Free Paper
(residents only) submissions
- Candidates must be "Residents/Trainees" only
- A Resident/Trainee cannot win the prize more than
- In any given year the allocation of 2
winners from the same institution will not be permitted
- Awards will be presented at the Congress
- Shortlisted candidates will be notified